Jaen - Dev Hari Kaur
About 100 million tones of plastic are produced each year, 10 million end up in the sea!
Over a million seabirds and one hundred thousand marine mammals and sea turtles are killed each year by either eating or getting tangled in plastic!
It is all coming back to us
1. REDUCE your consumption of goods:
- only buy what you need
- if stuff is needed, buy second hand if possible
- share stuff
- avoid buying gadgets
- watch less TV (which makes you think you need stuff)
2. REDUCE your production of trash:
- choose the product that has no or less packaging
- take your own bag, basket or backpack when shopping
- avoid places that provide food in disposable containers, or
bring your own container
- don't use disposable plates and cutlery for any event
- don't accept straws in in drinks
- Have your own metal water bottle with you, don't buy
discartable plastic ones
- this list is infinite, so, in general, use your best jugement to
avoid the creation of trash (mainly plastic).
- Compost your organic materials (point 5.)!
3. REUSE what can have a "second life":
- Such as containers
- Use draft paper, cardboard boxes, etc. to write, maint, draw, etc.!
- Be creative, or copy some good ideas (example: click here)
4. RECYCLE what you cannot reduce or reuse:
- If a packaging is not recyclable, avoid buying that product (like
- If they dont pick it up at your home, find places where you can
take your recyclables
5. COMPOST organic materials. By doing so you reduce the volume of
trash, eliminate stinky odours, give value to it and reduce emission of
methane in the air (more details bellow).
Then... whatever is left that is not compostable, reducible, reusable or recyclable is trash; try to make it minimum!
Integrate these 4 steps to embody a more Eco/Logical life.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved